Julian joined Finatal in 2022 as an Associate in the Interim Management Practice. He places high-profile finance professionals at pace across portfolio companies. In his short time here, he has built an extensive talent pool across private equity.
Group Financial Controller| B2B Technology
Renumeration | £150k + bonus + equity
Location | London OR Remote working
Finatal are partnering with a rapidly growing B2B Technology business, backed by a reputable small cap UK Private Equity investor. With a thriving turnover of £120 million and an impressive EBITA of £15 million, they are at the forefront of innovation in their industry. As they continue their growth trajectory, we are seeking a talented Group Financial Controller to join their team. This is a unique opportunity to make a significant impact on their financial operations, drive efficiencies, and contribute to their successful journey towards a potential exit to a larger mid cap private equity investor within the next 18 months.
As the Group Financial Controller, you will play a pivotal role in leading their finance function and driving financial excellence across the organization. Reporting directly to the CFO, you will oversee the financial controls team, manage financial reporting, and implement efficient processes to support their ambitious growth plans. This role requires strong leadership skills, attention to detail, and the ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders across the business.
Benefits and Culture:
Fundraising Associate/Vice President, Leading Global Placement Agent, London
Finatal is working with a leading global placement agent that is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced individual to join the fund placement team. This is an incredible opportunity to join one of the most sought-after firms in the private capital advisory space.
The ideal candidate will have had valuable experience within investor relations or fund placement.
Execution role for global private equity, private credit and infrastructure fundraisings, including:
Chief Financial Officer
c.£150,000 - £180,000 + Bonus + Equity| London (Hybrid)
Finatal is currently retained with an ambitious private equity-backed company specializing in business services buy & build. Through a strong emphasis on strategic acquisitions and rapid growth, the business has identified a large pipeline of businesses operating across various sub-sectors.
The company is currently operating at c.£10m+ turnover & c.£2m EBITDA with plans to continue its exponential scaling through acquisitive growth in preparation for an exit in the mid-term future.
This is a fast-moving and lucrative opportunity for an experienced CFO to join a dynamic and ambitious executive team in an extremely collaborative environment, working directly alongside the CEO and investors. Due to the early stages of this business’ growth journey this is a hands-on role also requiring operational oversight across the broader business, overseeing both the financial operations and supply chain management.
This role requires an enthusiastic candidate that has experience within a private equity backed business operating in a buy & build model as well as a track record of growing businesses. Exposure to both acquisitions and integration is crucial. Additional knowledge of system implementation, divestments, capital raising, debt refinance and system implementation is highly preferable.
Job Title: Interim Financial Accountant
Location: Central London – 2/3 days a week in office
I am working VC-backed SaaS company looking for an Interim Financial Accountant to join them for an exciting opportunity. The suitable candidate must be a newly qualified financial accountant from a top 10 accounting firm.
The successful candidate will be expected to work collaboratively with our finance and accounting team. The role will involve supporting the month-end closing activities, preparing financial statements and reports, and ensuring compliance with accounting standards and internal policies.
The ideal candidate should be highly analytical, with excellent communication skills, and be able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. This is an interim position, with the possibility of extension based on performance.
Job Title: Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
Location: Manchester, UK
Type: Full-time, On-site (4 days a week)
Salary: £120,000 p.a.
Company Overview: Our client is a series A funded cleantech/greentech start-up in Manchester. Our B2B online marketplace connects businesses with clean energy providers, enabling sustainable choices and reducing carbon footprint. Join us to drive the clean energy transition!
Job Description: As CTO at our client, shape our tech vision, drive innovation, and lead development of our online marketplace. Collaborate with talented engineers, designers, and product managers to deliver cutting-edge solutions and grow our presence in clean energy.
Join our client and help build a greener, more sustainable future through technology. Apply now with your resume and a cover letter explaining why you're the perfect fit. We look forward to hearing from you!
Group Finance Director - Technology
Renumeration | £150k + bonus + equity
Location | London, hybrid working, full time position.
Are you a highly skilled financial professional with a passion for the technology sector? Are you motivated by driving commercial success and contributing to the growth of a dynamic organization? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you as the Group Finance Director of a Private Equity-backed technology business.
The business is a leading player in the technology industry, with a strong focus on innovation and cutting-edge solutions. With a robust recurring revenue model and an impressive annual turnover of £200 million, they have established themselves as a key player in the market. As they continue to expand their operations, we are seeking a talented finance professional to join the team and contribute to our ongoing success, working closely with a seasoned Group CFO looking to exit the business post exit.
As the Group Finance Director, you will play a pivotal role in driving financial growth and maximizing profitability. You will work closely with the executive team, including the CEO and CFO, to develop and execute financial strategies that align with our business objectives. Your expertise in the technology sector and experience with recurring revenue models will be crucial in shaping the financial operations.
Interim CFO – PE Backed Multi-site Carve Out
Immediate start, £1500 per day, London based
Finatal is working with a mid-market PE fund to immediately recruit a CFO to lead on a carve-out of a multi-site business. You will partner with the new CEO, who is an industry veteran, to set up the business as a stand-alone entity post carve-out. You will implement new systems, processes, and controls to professionalise the finance function as a solid foundation for future inorganic growth plans.
The Role: Group Financial Controller
Salary: €160,000 - €200,000
The Reference: DW1021
Finatal are currently retained on a search for a Group Financial Controller to support the SaaS portfolio of a leading, tech-oriented Private Equity house. The c. €200m turnover company employs over 600 people across Europe, the Americas and Asia.
It is highly profitable, cash generative, and strategically well placed, with topline growth rates of over 50%, high barriers to entry, and strong product innovation.
Reporting to the CFO, this position is responsible for developing the finance organisation to support the growth of the company into a €500m revenue business by 2027. This will include developing the finance team, the systems environment, and processes.
If you or anyone in your network could be a good fit, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
£130,000 Plus Bonus & Benefits
A PE backed IT Services and Consulting business is seeking to hire their first M&A Director.
As well as leading the buy and build strategy you will also support the CEO and wider C-Suite with a number of key initiatives/organic growth agendas.
Duties to include:
Hybrid Project Manager/Business Analyst – Financial Services
Finatal is supporting a Transformation Project for our fast growing Financial Services client and need a hybrid Project Manager/Business Analyst to help execute the delivery.
This hands-on project role will lead the day-to-day activities of a cross functional project delivery team, manage and co-ordinate our third-party providers and build plans. This role will be responsible for the successful implementation of specific project requirements and objectives, ensuring the outcome is in line with the agreed scope, timeframe, budget, quality and resources. The role is for an initial 12-month fixed term contract and will also be involved in additional projects as required by the business.
• Take full ownership of the project deliverables and ensure at each phase the project is delivered as agreed
• Ensure the project team deliver the agreed day to day, short and long term objectives
• Work autonomously and take ownership of decision making and progress
• Utilise strong governance, attention to detail and planning skills
• Coordinate and perform User Acceptance Testing and Ticket Management processes/systems
• Proactively update and inform all stakeholders on progress and upcoming releases and/or key updates
• Initiate project forums and co-ordinate any actions
• Collate input from the wider team to ensure stage progression sign-off
Knowledge and Skills
• Strong organisational skills
• Project Management experience - Experience in managing business change
• Experience of influencing at a senior level by building and maintaining strong relationships
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Resilient, collaborative, approachable and diplomatic
• Familiarity of how change is delivered when implementing software or solutions (e.g. holding a supplier to account, ticket management processes)
Finance Controller |SaaS/Technology
Renumeration | £90k total package
Location | Peterborough, 3 days per week
We are looking for an experienced Finance Controller to join a fast-growing Private Equity-backed SaaS/Technology business based in Peterborough. As a Finance Controller, you will play a key role in driving the financial performance of the group, providing financial leadership and guidance to the business to support its continued growth. You will have the opportunity to work with a highly motivated and professional team, with a strong focus on innovation and creativity.
Reporting directly to the Group CFO, this unique role is split across both commercial and controls in finance – with a heavy focus on partnering with MD’s, operational teams and wider finance. You will also manage 1 finance administrator, to support you in your operations.
Finance Controller | Software
Renumeration | £90k package
Location | Cambridgeshire, UK, Office 3 days per week/hybrid
JOB REF | 46419
Finatal are partnering with a leading Private Equity backed Software business based in Cambridgeshire, UK. Their innovative solutions are used by businesses across the globe to protect their critical systems and data – part of a wider group in Tech, IT & Data solutions.
We are seeking a dynamic Finance Controller to join our team, who can provide both commercial and technical expertise to support our growth.
As the Finance Controller, you will work closely with the Managing Director, Group CFO, and Group Head of FP&A to drive the financial performance of the business. You will lead a team of finance professionals and be responsible for the preparation and delivery of all financial reporting, forecasting, and budgeting.
· Leading the finance function, ensuring that all financial reporting is delivered to a high standard and in line with agreed timescales.
· Developing and maintaining a strong financial control environment, ensuring that all financial transactions are accurately recorded and that robust controls are in place.
· Managing the annual budgeting and forecasting process, providing insightful analysis and recommendations to support the business in achieving its strategic goals.
· Working closely with the sales and marketing teams to provide commercial support, including pricing and margin analysis, and identifying opportunities for growth.
· Providing technical accounting support to the business, including the preparation of statutory accounts, and ensuring compliance with all relevant financial reporting standards.
· Supporting the Managing Director in the delivery of strategic initiatives, including M&A activity and business integration.
· Managing and developing a high-performing finance team, ensuring that all team members have clear goals and development plans in place.
· Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, or CIMA) with experience in a senior finance role.
· Strong technical accounting skills, with experience in the preparation of statutory accounts and financial reporting
· Excellent commercial acumen, with a track record of providing insight and analysis to support business growth.
· Proven leadership skills, with experience in managing and developing high-performing finance teams.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build effective relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
· Experience within the software or technology sector is a must.
· Competitive salary and package.
· Hybrid working arrangement.
· Opportunities for personal and professional development.
· The chance to work for a market-leading business at the forefront of the software industry
You can also use your social account to sign in. First you need to: